No Bake Almond Butter Bars
- 7 large pitted medjool dates, soaked
- 5 tbsp hot water
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- 3 tbsp Grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place pitted dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Put soaked dates and 5 tbsp of water in a blender and blend until you get a thick mixture.
- Combine dates, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat until well mixed and heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, flaxseed, and raisins.
- Add in wet mixture to large bowl and combine.
- Line a baking dish (7×11 glass dish is best) with parchment paper.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish and press firmly so it spreads evenly throughout the pan. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and press down firmly.
- Remove top piece of paper and freeze bars for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 12 bars and store in freezer.
Recipe by Kerry Tepedino. Image from joyfulhealthyeats.com.
Please follow and like us: