Delicious Cornless Cornbread
- 2 1/2 cups quinoa or rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp seasalt
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked diced green peppers
- ½ cup cooked onion
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with raw honey or ghee.
Recipe by Kerry Tepedino. Image from zensweetlife.com.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 cup chia seeds
- Milk (you can play with coconut milk, almond milk, hemp milk, rice milk)
- Stevia drops (you can play with different flavors)
- 1 tsp raw cacao
- Pour chia seeds into a bowl or jar.
- Pour in enough milk to cover the seeds and then just a bit more.
- Add in stevia and raw cacao.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Optional: top with cacao nibs, coconut, or fresh berries.
Recipe by Kerry Tepedino. Image from naturalchow.com
– 1 eggplant
– Garlic, crushed
– Fresh juice of one lemon
– 2 Tablespoons Tahini
– Sea salt to taste
1. Roast eggplant under the broiler on a baking sheet.
2. Turn eggplant constantly to roast every side.
3. Roast for about 10 minutes until outside is black.
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. Scoop out the eggplant meat.
6. Mash in a bowl.
7. Add crushed fresh garlic, sea salt, and tahini.
Recipe by Kerry Tepedino. Image from seriouseats.com.
Cranberry Coconut Bars
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup chopped nut of choice (almonds, walnut, etc)
- 1 cup plant based or rice protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-15 drops of stevia (according to how sweet you want the bars)
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Mix together melted coconut oil and vanilla
- Add shredded coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture thinly on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned (careful as coconut will burn once starts to brown)
- Remove coconut from baking sheet and move to a bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into bars on wax paper.
- Store in refrigerator.
Recipe by Kerry Tepedino. Image from bbc.co.uk.